Acupuncture Therapy For Your PetsEach acupuncture treatment will include a myofascial examination to determine the best course of treatment for the patient. Sterile acupuncture needles will then be placed in locations appropriate for the primary condition, and in trigger points found during the examination.
Treatment can be performed in any position the patient finds comfortable. Most patients become relaxed during the treatment, without signs of discomfort while the needles are in place. Needles are removed anywhere from 5-30 minutes after placement. The appointment is finished with a brief massage and recheck of the myofascial examination.
We offer numerous acupuncture packages, and we will help you select one that is best suited to your pet’s needs. Please give us a call at 716-693-3141 with any questions you may have, or to schedule a consultation to see if acupuncture can benefit your pet.
Electro-acupuncture is an electric current that is passed between pairs of acupuncture needles and connected to a electro-stimulator. The focus of this form of acupuncture is to help the life-force move freely throughout the body. The body is considered to be in a healthy state when life-force can move freely. This is a very similar technique compared to traditional acupuncture where the same points are stimulated. Several needles can be stimulated simultaneously during a treatment with a stimulator. This session can last approximately 30-40 minutes.
Acupuncture therapy can be beneficial for the following conditions:
- Musculoskeletal and Neurological disorders: Arthritic, post-op, paralysis, tendon injuries, lameness, back pain, traumatic nerve injury
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, IBD
- Genito-urinary conditions: Incontinence, irregular heat cycles
- Dermatological conditions: Lick granulomas, allergic dermatitis, wound healing, ear issues
- Other chronic conditions: Feline asthma, chronic upper respiratory infections, corneal ulcers, oral pain
We offer numerous acupuncture packages, one that is best suited to your pet’s needs. Please give us a call at 716-693-3141 with any questions you may have or for a consultation to see if acupuncture can benefit your pet.